Monday 1 March 2010

Spring time!

It feels like Spring has arrived this morning with beautiful blue skies and sunshine, I'm not sure how long this is going to last but it's nice to see the sun!


I can't believe March is here already... this year seems to be flying by, which is scary!  In January I made a list of things to do and said I would do this ever 3 months.  It really helped me to get a lot done, I work best when I have a schedule and I enjoy having something to tick off.

I have done most of the items on my list, the only thing I'm behind on is the Hen Party.  I'm not too worried about it, because we still have plenty of time to finalise details.

In February we have...

Registered with John Lewis and we have received our gift list cards to put in with our invitation (I may have also searched around on the John Lewis website making a mental list of things I'd like!)

We've obviously attended Suzie and Rob's wedding!

We have started to think about songs we can use during the ceremony and wedding breakfast, Has has put together a little play list of songs on his laptop.  We'll often have little chats about what songs to use during our journey to and from work and we have quite a few we'd like to hear down on our list now.

Honeymoon flights... well we're holding off for a little while to see if the price comes down.  I'm not convinced they will but Has keeps checking.  We'll hopefully have the flights from Honolulu to Anchorage, Anchorage to Seattle and Seattle to New York booked up soon.  Then it will just be a case of booking the coach from Dallas to San Antonio and then the flight from San Antonio to San Francisco.

I think there will be a lot going on in the next few months.

March (8 months to go)

  • Attend the National Wedding Fayre at the NEC this weekend with the intention of looking for Bridesmaid dresses.
  • Look into the possibility of having the bridesmaid dresses made and contact local dress makers.  (John Lewis provide a list of local dress makers, so I'll be calling a few of those)
  • Start to make up our day invitations.  I still need to decide on an outer design but I shall be working on a few ideas and will hopefully start to make those up.
  • Book remaining honeymoon flights.
  • Try on MY dress! (It came in to the shop last September but I haven't tried it on yet!)
  • Providing weather is nice work on chalk board place cards.

April (7 months to go)
  • Finish work on the day invitations
  • Work on design for evening invitations
  • Work on Hen Party details
  • Work on secret bridesmaid gift project.
  • Continue work on song choices for ceremony, wedding breakfast and reception

May (6 months to go)
  • Look for rings
  • Make enquiries into men's suit hire
  • Help Mom start the search for her outfit
  • Buy 2 more Martini vases for table centre pieces (One got broken and we need a spare), We also need to buy a few rolls of organza for decorating the ceremony room.
  • Make up boxes for popcorn on candy table - I bought a stencil to make small popcorn shaped boxes. They will probably take a while to make but once they're done they'll be easy to stack and store.
We also have 2 weddings to attend in April and May, we've been to more weddings in the past 6 months than   we have in our entire lives!  I love it though, they make me so excited for our day!

I want to try and get as many of my DIY projects done as soon as possible, I really don't want to be working on them last minute.  I'm sure I'll probably end up with a few more items on that list but at least it gives me something to work from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails