Monday 1 March 2010

Bringing back the Bling!

I love my engagement ring, seriously love it but every now and again it loses it's sparkle.  The first time I noticed I used some jewellery cleaner my Nan had spare.  It did a wonderful job and my ring was super sparkly again.

Since Has gave me my ring in September 2008 I've only needed to clean it 3 times.  I noticed last week that it's sparkle was fading so tried to find some jewellery cleaner at the weekend.  Not having any luck I turned to the Internet to see if there was a cheaper and easier way to clean my engagement ring.

Of course the Internet came up trumps and I found out that toothpaste does just a good a job as jewellery cleaner!

So last night armed with a soft bristle toothbrush and a tube of Colgate, I plugged up the sink (I can't even bare to think about a ring down plug hole situation!) and brushed the diamond carefully with a tiny bit of toothpaste.  Sparkle!!  My ring looks as good as new!

It's nice to know that something as simple as toothpaste can have my ring back to bling in no time!

from here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails