Sunday 21 February 2010

Suzie and Rob's Wedding.

I can't believe it's over!  After 18 months of helping Suzie plan her wedding, the day has been and gone and now my best friend is a wife!

I had the most amazing time with Suzie being by her side as she's organised her wedding day.  It's been so much fun sharing ideas and suggestions for each others weddings.  The last few days have been nothing like I expected them to be like.  I've never been a "grown up" bridesmaid (3 times before all under the age of 7) so I really didn't know what to expect.  We were all completely calm right up until the end, we could all barely believe that the day had actually arrived!

On Friday Suzie, Beth and I set up all we could in the main ceremony room at he hotel and practised walking down the aisle about 20 (!) times before going back to our room to sup on bucks fizz and nibble on some room service.


We were all so calm.  We kept commenting on the fact that it didn't feel real and we expected a lot more freaking out from Suzie but she was as cool as a cucumber!  I'm so proud of her.  She was the most beautiful bride I've ever seen.  Even on the morning of the wedding Suzie was a star.  So calm.  She was glowing, her big beaming smile never once left her face.


There was a moment in our room minutes before we were called to say they were ready, when it all got a little too much.  All of us were shaking, trying to take deep breaths and doing our best not to cry.  To lighten the situation we danced around the room to David Bowie, played eye spy and joked how Suzie's underwear had a mind of it's own...  I'll never forget those last few precious moments with Suzie as a Miss.  I can not tell you how incredibly honoured I feel to have been with Suzie in those last few special minutes.

Once they were ready for us, we walked downstairs.  Well, Beth and I walked! Suzie practically ran! We met her Father at the top of the stairs and as he took her arm he looked at her with so much love and pride I found it difficult to hold it together.  When it was time to walk down the aisle all of the planning and timing we had worked on the day before was forgotten.  We ended up walking quite fast down the aisle but it really didn't matter.
.
All morning we had been holding back our emotions to be supportive and strong for Suzie, but when I saw her walk down the aisle with her father I couldn't hold it any longer.  She looked so gorgeous and happy, I don't think there was anyone who didn't shed a tear.


The ceremony was so beautiful, smiles never left their faces.  Suzie had asked me to witness their wedding, I was so caught up in the moment that when the registrar asked for the witnesses to step forward I wasn't prepared.  I had to quickly pass mine and Suzie's bouquets to Beth so I could stand to witness their vows.




I am ecstatically happy for the new Mr and Mrs.  I want to thank them both so much for allowing me to be a part of their special day.  Love you both millions! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails