Friday 19 March 2010

Let’s Dance! Part 5

By the time the evening guests started to arrive the atmosphere had really settled down – there was no stress in the air everyone was having a great time. The DJ had started playing, I was floating around the room greeting people and telling them what a wonderful day it had been so far.

The shrugs were off and people started to filter onto the dace floor, it was time for me to pop back up to the room with my lovely bridesmaids! My GORGEOUS Vivienne Westwood shoes as amazing as they were killed my feet so I quickly snuck into my trainers and hoped no one would know (of course everyone knew as soon as I started dancing, bouncing around like a lunatic!).

We went back down stairs and all started to dance and before I knew it they were announcing that we were going to cut the cake, now this is another one of those things that no one really tells you that you should practice but I think that you should! How do you cut the cake?  If it's tiered which tier do you cut? How do you hold the knife…..?  So many things to think about! We had no idea what we were doing, I thought back to friend’s weddings and what they did.  Right, ok Rob place your hand over mine and we basically just hold the knife over the cake and then cut... we seriously fudged it up! At one point Rob put his hand across my chest, God only knows why!! Well we did our best that’s all I can say!


In keeping with the Star Wars theme Suzie and Rob "mock" cut the cake with a Light Saber!

After the ‘bodging of the cake’ the buffet was open, I was told the food was amazing – I didn’t actually get chance to eat any of the food as I was still stuffed from lunch but it looked really good! The DJ announced that the first dance would follow shortly. Now about our first dance, I had gone back and forth from song to song and couldn’t pick one! Rob was getting rather tired of me being so contrary so decided he would choose the first dance and it would be a surprise! I was nervous... but excited! 

To my delight the DJ announced that our band “Fatlip” would be playing the first dance song, Rob and I made our way onto the dance floor and Pete (long time friend, lead singer of “Fatlip” and top class usher) started to play. Rob had chosen a really funny, sweet song as our first dance, its called "Grow Old With You" and is sung by Adam Sandler in the film "The Wedding Singer"

I wanna make you smile whenever you're sad
Carry you around when your arthritis is bad
All I wanna do is grow old with you

I'll get your medicine when your tummy aches
Build you a fire if the furnace breaks
Oh it could be so nice, growing old with you

I'll miss you
Kiss you
Give you my coat when you are cold

Need you
Feed you
Even let you hold the remote control

So let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink
Put you to bed when you've had too much to drink
Oh I could be the man who grows old with you
I wanna grow old with you 



Neither Rob nor I are very good dancers so luckily the song only lasted about a minute and a half, we romantically shuffled around the floor, it was lovely! As soon as our first dance was finished the band struck up and just blew the night away! They were incredible!! Everyone commented on them! If you need a really good funk, soul and blues band let us know!


The evening continued with dancing, drinking and lots of general merriment until the wee small hours of the morning. As Rob and I said goodnight to our few remaining hard core party guests and retired to our room we were greeted with such a lovely surprise, Moo and Beth had decorated our room up with loads of battery tea lights that flickered in blue, blue rose petals scattered on our bed and on the floor it looked so lovely! There was also 2 ice buckets on out table one containing a bottle of champagne and one containing a 2 pint of skimmed milk... WHAAAA I hear you say… haha…

Also on the table were 2 champagne glasses decorated with Mr & Mrs E and 2 cereal bowls one with Bob and one with Squish and a box of Weetos!! I heart Weetos!!!

Thank you girls im not sure if even you will know this Moo…but when Rob and I arrived in our room and enjoyed all the decoration we went to turn on the lights and we’d had a power cut! It took me a while to realize that we had actually had a power cut and it was not something you girls had done!! Rob had to go down to reception and get them to turn on our lights!! As Rob and I turned off the lights (once we had then turned back on of course) and settled down to sleep it was such a wonderful feeling knowing in the morning I would wake up next to my husband for the first time...

Sneak a peak tomorrow to see the dreaded morning after pictures!

Supplier List
Wedding Venue – The Forest Hotel - Dorridge
Wedding Dress – D2031 - Eternity Bridal
Menswear – Moss Bros

Bridesmaids Dresses - 6537 - Alfred Angelo
Cake Makers – Elite Cake Design
Photographer – Stu Moles – Razorsmile
Decoration – Balloon Heydays 
Make Up – Liz Burrows – Beautiful Day
Hair – Katie –
Perfexion Hair
Shoes - Vivienne Westwood
Veil - eBay made by a seller called Kalandra
Headpiece - Flo and Percy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails