Friday 1 January 2010

Goodbye 2009, Hello 2010!

What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
I tried on wedding dresses!  Although I absolutely hated the process I have now bought and fallen in love with my perfect dress

Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I never really make new year's resolutions.  I don't need the new year to make goals and stick to them.  I do however want to have a new job, new house and a slimmer waist line next year!

Will you be looking for a new job?
Yes!  My job has been rather crappy this year and I need to find a new one that treats me and pays me better!

Will you be looking for a new relationship?
Definitely not!

Will you be looking for a new house?
Hopefully yes!  We intend to move out into our own home at some point in 2010 before the wedding.  I can't wait!

Did anyone close to you die?
Yes. My Uncle John, otherwise known as Gunkie.  Gunkie passed in June this year.  He was my Nan's husband and also my Great Uncle.  He is very much missed.

What countries did you visit?
We went to Prague in the Czech Republic to see Motley Crue.  It was only for a night but it was a nice break away.  We didn't travel much this year as we've been watching our pennies!




Do you expect 2010 to be a good year for you?
Yes, I expect it will be a very busy year what with being a Bridesmaid, moving in to our home, getting married and going on honeymoon!

What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Saturday 28th February was when I bought my wedding dress!
Friday 12th to Sunday 14th June at Download Festival. It was hot, too hot but we saw the most amazing bands play live including Journey!
Thursday 5th November, knowing we only had 1 year to go!
Tuesday 27th and 28th October I saw my favourite band Green Day live in Birmingham!
Saturday 31st October, the day Has came home from India. I surprised him and met him at the airport!


What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Losing a stone. It might not sound like a massive achievement but my yo-yoing weight has been getting me down. Over the last few years I've gained it, lost it and gain it again. I'm glad I've taken the steps to control what I eat and lose those extra pounds before the wedding. 

What was your biggest failure?
Not moving on from my job when I said I would.

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Thankfully no! I had a weird infection that plagued my toe for a few months but other than that I have been fit and healthy!

What was the best thing you bought?
My new car Bebe. She's a Ford Focus. I bought her from my friend Steven and although she has had some little problems I love her!


Where did most of your money go?
The wedding and we still have another 11 months of spending to go!


What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Download Festival Weekend. Seeing Green Day. Has coming home from India. Christmas!


What song will always remind you of 2009?
Just Breathe by Pearl Jam, I had it on constant repeat in my car whilst Has was in India.  The funny thing is Has was listening to it over and over when he was away too.  It wasn't until he was back home that we discovered it had been the soundtrack to our Octobers.


Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
I'm Happier, thinner and poorer! 

What do you wish you’d done more of?
Organising our things.  Our room seems to have become more and more jam packed with things.  I'm usually a very tidy and organised person I'm not sure what happened!  I feel I have redeemed myself slightly as I have done a lot of putting away and storing since November.  Most things can now be found in a clear box tucked away on our top shelf in the wardrobe.

What do you wish you’d done less of?
Spend! I have spent so much money this year not just on wedding but we went to 3 festivals, we bought a car and went to Prague, I'm not 2010 will be any better but hopefully I'll have a new job that pays better to help me out!

How did you spend Christmas?
I spent it with my family at my aunt and uncles house.  I had a fabulous Christmas and had some amazing gifts!


 

Did you fall in love in 2009?
I'm in love!  I fell in love 8 and a bit years ago!


What was your favorite TV program?
I love Lost, the last series starts early 2010 I can't wait!  I also discovered True Blood, I was addicted whilst Has was in India and pretty much didn't watch anything else.


Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hating someone takes up so much energy!  No one has pissed me off that much this year to warrant me hating them ;)


What was the best book you read?
Is it sad to say the Twilight saga....?


What was your greatest musical discovery?
I've seen some fab bands this year, our weekend at Hard Rock Hell was great because I got to hear some bands I wouldn't normally have gone to see.  Download was amazing too, I finally got to see Journey!


What did you want and get?
 A digital SLR!  My dad surprised me and Has on Christmas night!  We've been attached to it ever since and I have to admit to treating it with as much care as I would a newborn baby!



What did you want and not get?
A new job, I know I keep harping on about it but trust me if you had my job you too would want to leave!

What was your favorite film of this year?
Loads! Adventureland, Fanboys, The Hangover, Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince, I Love You, Man, New Moon , Coraline, Zombieland 

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 25. Unfortunately I had to work all day but my family came around to celebrate with me. My Mom, Dad and Brother Paul bought me my gorgeous Yarwood White Brooch. The day after I went to Pad Thai with my friends and got horrendously drunk! Opps! I suffered for two days!

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
My redundancy money! Sore subject!

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
In 2009 you would have mostly seen me in leggings. Leggings and denim skirts, leggings and dresses, leggings and boots, leggings and flats... you get the idea

What kept you sane?
Has and my family. They're always there to keep me in check.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
hmmm can I have a few? Billie Joe from Green Day, Zac Efron (Yes I know he's only young!) Eddie Veder (Ok from one extreme to another, he's a lot older but I love love love his voice!)

Who did you miss?
I always miss my Grandad. He passed away quite a few years ago now but I still miss him.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
It'll be OK in the end, if it's not OK it's not the end.
I've tried not to get so worked up over things, I am an emotional person and it doesn't take much for me to laugh, cry or stamp my feet in anger. I have calmed down a lot and now find it easier to relax and assess a situation before reacting.

Happy New Year Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails