Friday 22 January 2010

Do You Ever Rationalise A Spontaneous Purchase?

Why when I should be saving hard for a wedding, honeymoon and new flat am I buying a vase?  It couldn't even be classed as an essential bottom drawer contribution...  Unless... you take into account all the "New Home" flowers we'll be getting, or that I got it in the sale, or even the fact that it's g.o.r.g.e.o.u.s!


Yes, this was how I rationalised this purchase and most other things I buy.  I have a habit of seeing something, falling for it and then trying to justify why I absolutely need it in my life.

"It will go with so many of my existing outfits"  - Necklace, I've worn twice.  "I have so many weddings to go to this year it'll be the perfect accessory" - a little sequinned purse, which I took to one wedding and had to carry my camera separate as it wouldn't fit in.  "Oh it's been reduced to £6.50, a very reasonable price, and look it's a good make.  Will last us for years!" - Baking tray (I do occasionally buy essential bottom drawer items!)  "Half off!  And look at the cute storage bag it comes with I can organise all my nail varnishes now!"  A French Manicure set.  I have yet to give myself a manicure but I have used the bag to store all the other nail varnishes I don't wear.

But I do love my new vase!

Please tell me I'm not the only one?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails