Tuesday 22 September 2009

Bouquets, Brooches and Birthdays

As I do most days I was trawling the internet looking at wedding websites and pictures when I came across an idea I loved! I found this picture (not sure from where though!)


The bride has accessorised her bouquet with a gorgeous brooch and I knew it was something I wanted to copy!

I wanted something with a bit of sparkle so it would catch the light but it also needed to include pearls to carry on the wedding theme. I searched for ages and ages but nothing I found really wowed me. That was until I came across Yarwood-White’s Modern Heirloom collection. Featured was a delicate pearl and diamante brooch. I swooned over this brooch for months. The only thing stopping me from clicking “add to basket” was the price tag. I tried to put it out of my head, £150 was a lot of money to spend on a brooch, wasn’t it?
As if to tease me this brooch popped up more and more in wedding magazines but I had fully accepted that it was far too much to spend and I would find a cheaper version that was just as nice…

August 28th saw my 25th birthday, as is tradition my whole family came round to sing happy birthday and watch me blow out the candles. My mom handed me a beautiful gift bag and I checked the tag “To Laura, Happy Birthday, Lots of Love Mom, Dad & Paul” I opened the bag to find a white box at the bottom wrapped in the signature Yarwood-White brown and cream ribbon “Oh you didn’t!” The brooch is even more special, even more delicate and even more beautiful in real life!

Problem now is… I just have to have the entire Modern Heirloom collection to compliment it…!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails