Sunday 22 November 2009

You're now entering the Twilight Zone

Friday night me, Hayley, Suzie and Mom queued up with hoards of screaming teenage girls to watch the new Twilight film, New Moon.




We're all a little bit obsessed with the Twilight Saga.  We've read the books, got the T shirt (and calendars, bags and hoodies) and declared ourselves "Team Edward" (although after seeing the film I'm on the fence!)

We knew it would be chaotic but I don't think any of us could have predicted the scene at the cinema!


The queues of girls waiting to see New Moon


We had to queue for about 40 minutes with hyper hormone charged teenage girls.  Girls wearing T shirts declaring which team they were on (Edward or Jacob) some had either taken to writing it all over their faces?!  As the showing before us ended girls spilled out stating that New Moon was "Sssssooo Ammmmazing!" (Seriously they exaggerated their "S's" and "M's")
Once they allowed us to go in, elbows at the ready we swarmed in with the other screaming girls.  As the lights went down, they screamed.  When the words "New Moon" appeared on the screen, they screamed.  When we first saw Edward, they screamed.  When Jacob took off his shirt, they - well actually, I think I screamed a little bit then too!

I really enjoyed the film and I'd love to go see it again when the hype has died down.  One things is for sure I will NOT being seeing Eclipse on the day it opens next June unless I can hire out the entire cinema for just me and my other obsessed friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails