Monday 12 October 2009

Flower Fun

I saw another florist this weekend (I hope this will be the last!)  The florist I saw last weekend, Jenny, has sent me her quote and I'm really happy with it.  I'm just going to wait for the quote from this one to make up my mind.

My only concern with Jenny is that she's a one woman band, what would happen if she were to get sick and couldn't supply the flowers on the day?  Would I be walking down the aie with a bunch of what ever we could find in the gardens at Nailcote?  The thing is I feel really good about Jenny.  She's a lovely lady, she was so helpful and made loads of suggestions.

The one thing I needed help with was ideas for the top table.  I really don't like the traditional wedding wreath, they just aren't me.  Also our top table will turn into the buffet table on the evening, so there would be no room for a big arrangement.  I'm sure it would just end up being shoved out of the way somewhere and I don't really want to pay £40 for that to happen.

Jenny suggested I have small cylinder shaped vases filled with ice gel with a flower head on the top.  I'd also have my little purple lights sitting in the gel.  I'm much happier with this idea because it means I could actually keep them on the buffet table during the evening.

This is the sort of thing I'm looking into.




I would use purple (blue moon) and ivory (avalanche) roses.  I also hadn't thought about a table runner but that might complete the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails