Monday 5 October 2009

1 year 1 Month

Bit of a weird weekend. Autumn arrived with a gust of wind as I waved Has off on Saturday morning when the Emirates driver came to pick him up.  I packed up most of my belongings in the car and headed back home. 

I purposely arranged a meeting with a florist, so I had something to keep me busy, mom and I drove over to meet Jenny in Sutton Coldfield.
I wasn’t feeling particularly wedding-y and would much rather have stayed at home in the warm, but we braved the wind and cold and I’m glad we did.

Unlike the other florists I’ve met she was interested in our wedding.  She wanted to know all kinds of little details and made loads of suggestions.  I think the most exciting thing to come out of this meeting was the idea for the bridesmaid bouquets.  We saw a bouquet made of roses and another bouquet made of freesias.  So we’ve decided to combine the two, light purple freesias with avalanche roses.  Beautiful!

Jenny also understood my ramblings about my bouquet not looking like a ball.  I said thing like “fluffy, messy, but neat” and “So it looks like you’ve just gathered up a handful of flowers”  She totally understood what I was after and we picked out a gorgeous picture in one of her books.  I’m actually annoyed with myself that I didn’t take a picture of the two bouquets I liked.  I’m just waiting on her quote now.  Hopefully it won’t be too expensive.  I’m going to see another shop on Saturday who I have high hopes for.  We shall see.

It’s also 1 year and 1 month to go today.  It’s nice to know that Has will be back before the 1 year count down arrives.

Only 26 more days to go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails