Wednesday 24 February 2010

Engagement Shoot

As part of our photography package with Deborah Stott we have an engagement shoot.  It's so Deborah can get to know us better and us her.  It's also to allow Has and I to feel more comfortable posing for the camera so we don't end up with awkward wedding day photos.

Quite a lot of photographers are now including this in the wedding day package and it was something that we really wanted to do.  Neither of us feel 100% comfortable in front of the camera, so it will be a nice way for us to relax into being the centre of attention before the big day.


Where?
When we first spoke to Deborah she told us it was completely our decision.  Some couples choose to have their shoot at their venue and others pick a place that means a lot to them.
It would be nice to have it at Nailcote Hall, we could have a good wander around the grounds, they have quite a famous golf course, although I'm not sure how many photos we'd get away with before an angry golfer told us off!  It would be ideal as Deborah could become familiar with our venue and the grounds before the wedding.  On the other hand, we'll have plenty of photos of us at Nailcote from the wedding day, so I've been trying to think of an alternate place.  Other than flying us all out to New York for the weekend I can't really think of another place that is special to us both.


When?
I'm not entirely sure when or where our shoot will take place.   I would like our shoot to be towards the end of the summer, early autumn.  Our wedding day will be cold, so it would be nice if the engagement photographs looked a little warmer, plus I don't really want to be wearing a coat, hopefully I'll be wearing a cute summer dress and cardigan!  (Although these photos in the snow are so cute!)



Should we take props?
Some of the engagement shoots I've seen floating around blog land have the couples posing with a few props, such as balloons, picnics, old record players and food, like cupcakes!  I think this will probably depend on where we end up having the shoot, but I think it would be nice for us to take a few things along, I think props can help relax you into the photo shoot.  That was definitely true for me when I had photos taken for Suzie's hen party.  It was much easier to fool around with a sword or telescope than have to think about what to do.



More and more engagement shoots are cropping up in my Google Reader and I keep saving them so I'll have plenty of inspiration for when it's our turn.

In fact I'm going to admit to being really cheesy... Has and I have a large mirror above our dresser.  It's where I spend most of the evening, crafting or blogging, so whenever Has comes over to give me a cuddle or a kiss I look up in the mirror at our reflection and say "That would make a cute engagement shoot pose!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails