Monday 21 December 2009

Snowflake Gift Tags

I'm not entirely sure where the idea came from but I decided I would make wooden snowflake decorations for people this year.

I bought 9 wooden snowflakes from eBay and made a hole big enough so I'd be able to push ribbon through later.


I then painted both sides with white acrylic paint. I did add blue glitter to the paint but it didn't work out so well. The paint just coated the glitter so I didn't really get the effect I was going for.



I left them for a few days to dry. If I did this project again I would definitely hang the snowflakes up to dry instead of lying them flat. When I came to paint the other side bits had dried on the opposite side in lumps, so it wasn't as smooth as I would have liked.



Once they were dry I wrote the names on and poked the ribbon (also from eBay) through the hole.



I'm really pleased with the way they have come out. I shall be giving them out on presents but hopefully they will get put up on Christmas trees too!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails