Monday 24 May 2010

Stratford Upon Avon

It's been such a lovely weekend and we really have made the most of it!

It was 24°c and glorious

Yesterday we went to visit with my parents my god parents who live in Stratford.  I'm really close to my god parents, Trevor is doing a reading at our wedding and their daughter Harriet (my parents god daughter) has kindly offered to do my make up.

They live a 5 minute walk from the town centre so after sitting in the garden for a while we walked in for a late lunch/early dinner.  But as the weather was so nice we decided to have an ice cream first!

Daddy with the ice creams!
Busy, busy, busy!

We sat around by the river for a while watching the boats and the insane teenagers swimming in it!  It was really very busy, we had thought about hiring a boat but the queue was so long and the sun was so hot we moved on to a lovely pub/
restaurant and sat outside in the shade.

Has, Daw, Harriet, Mom, Trevor and Dad strolling to the pub

Unfortunately due to a blockage (!?!) in the kitchen, we were unable to order any food so moved on in the centre of the town.  Stratford is such a gorgeous place despite living only an hour away I haven't visited in years.

Pretty!

The town is so pretty, with loads of cute and quirky shops, I love the old style buildings and of course no trip to Stratford would be complete without a picture of this place...

Shakespeare's Birthplace


Shakespeare's Birthplace!

I've had such a lovely weekend, even if I did over indulge a little. It's been nice to enjoy the warm weather especially since it's suppose to be miserable again by the end of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails