Wednesday 30 September 2009

Sweets for my sweet!

We are supplying, as most couples do, an evening buffet. As this only includes savoury foods we thought we’d like to treat our guests to a little something sweet! We’ve decided to add a candy table!

We want to include some American favourites such as Hershey’s Kisses and Milk Duds as well as purple chocolates like miniature Dairy Milks. The plan is to display them in large and varied shaped bowls, dishes and vases. These are some of my favourite candy tables.




I wanted a quirky way for people to hold their treats, I’ve seen allsorts of bags and boxes and didn’t really like any of them, I told Suzie this and she said “What about Starbucks cups?” me: “What a bloody brilliant idea!!” We searched online for anywhere we could get our hands on 200 Starbucks cups, of course this was impossible! So I gave up hope, until… i was copied into this email

“Hello Starbucks!

I am writing to you with a plea!

Next year my best friend is getting married, I have the privilege of being her bridesmaid and am helping her in what way i can to make her day the most perfect it can be.

I’m sure you’re very busy but think a little background info may help with my plea so please bear with me.

Laura (my best friend) met her now fiancé Hassan in Starbucks in Solihull town centre, it’s there that they became friends and also there that on the 8th November 2001 Hassan asked Laura out. Eight years passed and on 24th September 2009 Hassan asked Laura to be his wife. They are having a New York themed wedding on the 5th November 2010, tying in all there favourite things. I would like to help Laura tie Starbucks in to her day by using small Starbucks branded cups to go on the Candy Buffet table for the guests to put their sweets in.

As you will know these are near on impossible to buy online, so here comes my plea (thanks for your patience so far, i’m almost finished - i promise) I was wandering if it would be possible to send me some cups? I think there will be near enough 200 guests so as many cups as you could spare near to that number would be great.

I understand that its a lot to ask by as the saying goes:
Love conquers all things; let us too surrender to Love - Virgil, Eclogues
Please help, very much looking forward to your response

Many thanks

Suzie”


I tried not to get my hopes up as Starbucks could very well turn around and say no, but honestly I knew I would be so upset if I couldn’t have Starbucks cups on my candy table.
Fast forward about 2 weeks to today and I get a call from Suzie, the very generous people at Starbucks are sending us 200 3 oz cups for our guests to put their sweets in!!

I’m so excited and so thankful that I have a wonderful, wonderful bridesmaid! Thank you Suzie, I love you loads!!

P.S I had a Starbucks at lunch to say thank you!! x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails