Wednesday 23 September 2009

Wedding Weight Loss


As I’m sure most brides do, I want to look my best on my wedding day. I want to open up my photo album in 10, 20, 30 years time and think “Wow I looked amazing! I wish I was that slim now!” I’d hate to look back and think “I really should have tried harder to work off those extra pounds!” I know it sounds incredibly vain but I want my future self to be jealous!

Just before my 21st birthday I joined Weight Watchers and successfully lost over 2 stone in 6 months. Since reaching goal and abandoning the weekly meetings I gained it all back again! I tried to join Weight Watchers again a number of times but I felt I was too used to the diet and had found ways to cheat it.

It wasn’t until my friend and bridesmaid Hayley joined Slimming World in July this year that I decided to get back on the wagon.

My mom and I have now been going to Slimming World meetings for 7 weeks and are both really impressed with our weight loss. Even though the wedding is still a while away I don’t want to put too much pressure on myself, I know I can lose the weight slowly which means it’s more likely to stay off! Also I am a bridesmaid at Suzie’s wedding in February 2010 and I wouldn’t want to ruin her photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails