Wednesday 16 September 2009

The beginning

Has and I have been together now for almost 8 years, we met back in college and soon became best friends. We spent most of our college years in Starbucks, talking about everything and anything.

Despite seeing other people Has and I always seemed to have a connection. It wasn't until our second year of college that we both realised our friendship was growing into something more.

I was nervous about entering into a relationship, I was scared that if it didn't work out between us then I would lose my best friend. Has reassured me that no matter what happened between us we would always be best friends because we were meant to be together. So there on the 8th November 2001 our relationship took on a new meaning.

Fast forward 7 years Has and I took a trip to Las Vegas. I had no idea he was planning to propose and was actually incredibly difficult! He wanted to eat in a nice restaurant and me being the fussy eater I am couldn't make up my mind and suggested a fast food style restaurant! Oops! We finally settled on the Shanghai Lilly, a very posh Chinese restaurant at the Mandalay Bay Hotel where we were staying.

Dressed up to the nines, we ordered very strong long island iced teas, I couldn't drink all of mine so Has kept taking sips so not to waste it. When Has started to get out of his seat to get down on one knee, I thought he was drunk! I couldn't believe the man I loved was on his knee proposing to me! Of course I said yes, and we both tearfully rang our parents (it was 5am UK time!) my parents already knew because Has had asked them for their permission, which i know meant a lot to them.
Our room at the Mandalay Bay over looked the pool area which had a stage in the middle. That night they had a tribute act playing. We stood at our window whilst they played "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey. I will never forget that moment, wrapped in the arms of the man I was going to spend the rest of my life with, with a smile from ear to ear. I was happy. It was perfect

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails