Tuesday 1 June 2010

5 months

How was your bank holiday weekend?  I had fun spending it with family and friends.  We went to our friends wedding party on Saturday night, it was nice to be able to congratulate them properly and see them in their wedding outfits. We didn't get round to looking for our rings, so they'll be on next months list!

I had a bit of a "oh crap it's June, which means we have 5 months left" moment this weekend.  I don't have a weekend off now until the middle of August with various events so I'm going to have to call on the help of others to get things finished off.

Over the next few months we have 7 festivals/gigs, 2 weddings, 9 birthdays, a Race for Life and a craft market.  Busy!

I haven't crossed off everything from May's to do list.  I ordered the bridesmaid's dresses, painted the chalkboard hearts with a second coat, re-joined weight watchers (and lose 5lbs in total so far!).


I also ordered something for the bridesmaids from Yarwood-White for them to wear on the day and I tried out my camouflage make up.  The invitations have had a little more work done to them and are very close to being finished!


I do have quite a bit on in June, including the Download Festival next weekend, which I am super excited about, but I do have to get a wriggle on now, I was hoping to have all the DIY projects finished by September so I didn't have any last minutes battles with glue dots and ribbon.

Therefore in June I am hoping to...
  • Finish day invites (Suzie and Hayley are coming to mine on the 16th armed with tweezers for attaching teeny pearls to the invites
  • Print out and back evening invitations.
  • Print out the Chrysler Building shapes on to card for the covers of the Order of Services.
  • Think about the menus and table plans
  • Go over guest lists for day and evening.
  • Look for bridesmaids shoes.
  • Speak with Deborah Stott about our pre-wedding shoot
  • Purchase rings
This month I really want to focus on the invitations.  I don't want to be worrying about them next month when the deadline is getting tighter.

One minute I think it's still quite a way off, but then judging by how the months are flying by at the moment the day will be here in a heart beat!  Exciting and petrifying all at the same time!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are super busy but sure you will get it all done!

    The next 5 months will fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing the right thing by making small lists. Too big and they blow your mind. This is just right and making your priorities. Expert wedding planning!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails